Have you played "Decisions Decisions," yet?

The Fearsome Five: Catnapped: Chapter Six

Chapter Six

January 6th, 11:34 PM

Margot took a final gulp from her coffee cup, sighed, and closed her laptop.

Twelve hours.  That's how long she had been sitting here.  Reading, researching, thinking, looking for leads... Finding nothing.  She had spent half a day in front of her computer, desperately searching for clues to help her figure out where they were holding Erin, and was no wiser for it.  She placed her fingers on her temples and kneaded.

"There's nothing," she thought.  "It's hopeless."

She almost jumped when her phone vibrated.  She picked it up and looked at the screen.  It was an unknown number.  At 11:30?  Could it be...

She brought the phone to her ear and answered.  "Hello."

"Margot," said a low voice on the other end.  "It's Erin."

Margot kicked out her chair and stumbled to her feet.  "Erin!" she cried, walking around the kitchen table, barely able to contain her excitement.  "Where are you?  Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," Erin said.  "I'm in the back of a car.  I'm in the middle of my escape."

Margot smiled.  "Oh, Erin!  I've been trying to find you all day!  But I couldn't find anything!"

"That's okay," Erin said.  "Listen, Margot.  Do you remember that boy from college, that Jeremy guy, who went by the name 'The De-Lyxinator'?"

"Yes," Margot said, nodding.  "Why?"

"I'm in his car right now.  He's one of the guys who abducted me.  Him, that blonde bitch, Sunny, that crazy Doctor Todorov, that ninja who came to our house, and some weird old woman."

"Oh, wow."

"I know.  I convinced Jeremy to let me go though, on one condition.  He wants to meet the Blue Lynx and unmask her."

Margot laughed.  "Might be hard to do with you riding around in his car."

"Yes.  Especially as I'm still tied up pretty tight.  Which is why I need you to do me a favor.  We're driving to Frederick Park right now.  I told him I was calling the Blue Lynx to tell her to meet him there."

"Oh, okay," Margot said.  "So I guess I'll meet you there?"

"Right.  But you've got to come as the Blue Lynx, Margot."

Margot blinked.  "Me?  The Blue Lynx?"

"Yes.  It's the only way, Margot.  You have to show up and beat him."

"But Erin... How?  I can't fight like you can."

"This guy is a shrimp.  And you've been training.  I know you can take him, Margot."

Margot hadn't stopped moving.  She had walked from the kitchen into her bedroom and back again.  She now walked into Erin's room and opened her closet.  She saw the Blue Lynx costume there: the mask, the leotard, the boots, the belt.  She sighed.

"Erin, I hope you know what you're doing."

"Trust me, Margot.  He's only going to stick around if the Blue Lynx shows up.  He won't know you from me once you put on that costume."

"Okay," Margot said.  "Frederick Park.  When?"

"Be there are midnight.  I have to go.  He's looking at me through the window."

"Alright," Margot said.  "I'll see you there, Erin."

"Good luck, Blue Lynx," Erin said.  She hung up.

Margot bent down and grabbed hold of the Blue Lynx outfit.  She looked at the shimmering color, felt the smooth spandex texture, could almost smell Erin's body on it.  Margot had designed the costume, had built all of the Blue Lynx's weapons, had monitored the young woman wearing it for years.  And now, she was being asked to don it.

It was incredibly scary.  But it was exciting, too.

Margot took the Blue Lynx mask and brought it up to her glasses.  She looked out at on Erin's bedroom through her friend's cowl and smiled.

"Just another night in the life of the Blue Lynx," she said, as she began to undress.

On to Chapter Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment